The Santa Barbara Mesa is an extremely popular neighborhood to buy a home. The name Mesa comes from the Spanish word for table and that is exactly what the Mesa seems to be. It’s a beautiful community that sits atop some of the best beaches in Santa Barbara.
The Mesa is a family community due to its excellent schools and many parks. Two popular parks overlook the ocean and are considered some of the best parks in Santa Barbara. The parks include La Mesa Park and Shoreline Park. Both have wide green spaces, playgrounds, and panoramic ocean views many Santa Barbarians are looking for.
The Mesa has plenty to offer homeowners and provides all the amenities someone would need in their little nook of the world. The Mesa has two grocery stores, Lazy Acres and Vons, as well as 2 pharmacies, a veterinarian office, coffee shops, lots of restaurants and more. The Mesa also sits right above Santa Barbara City College, a well-ranked community college.
- Mesa Cafe–a casual cafe serving American style breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Rose Cafe–Voted best Mexican food for 12 years straight!
- Mesa Verde— a gourmet vegan restaurant with many gluten-free alternatives. Try their basil flatbread pizza
- Mesa Burger–. A delicious burger place owned by the famous Cat Cora, a resident of Santa Barbara
- Alcazar Tapas Bar—Intimate tapas spot specializing in Latin American & European plates, plus cocktails & global wines.
- Super Cucas— A delicious Mexican food joint voted best burrito several years running!